Items 1-12 of 223
- Special Price $1,069.11 Regular Price $1,465.06
- Special Price $1,034.77 Regular Price $1,417.63
- Special Price $1,603.99 Regular Price $2,834.99
- Special Price $17.08 Regular Price $18.45
WHAT IS AN OUTRIGGER?
A fishing outrigger is a device that is attached to the side of a fishing boat and extends outward from the hull. It consists of a long, narrow pole with a line attached to the end, which can be used to troll for fish or to hold bait. It is typically used on boats that are used for offshore fishing, such as sport fishing boats or charter boats. The outrigger is used to hold and stabilize the fishing lines or rods that are being used, and it allows the angler to fish with multiple lines at the same time.
Fishing outriggers are typically mounted on the side of the boat and are made of poles or tubes that extend out from the side of the boat. They are usually mounted on a pivot or hinge, which allows them to be raised or lowered as needed. The outrigger may also have a line or rod holder attached to it, which is used to secure the fishing gear while it is in use. Some fishing outriggers also have a pulley system or other mechanism that allows the angler to easily adjust the tension on the lines or rods.
WHY DO I NEED OUTRIGGERS ON MY FISHING BOAT?
There are several reasons why you might want to consider using outriggers on your fishing boat:
- Better control: Outriggers can help you to maintain better control of your fishing lines and rods, especially when you are fishing in strong currents or windy conditions. The outrigger helps to hold your lines steady, which can make it easier to feel the bite and set the hook.
- More fishing opportunities: Outriggers allow you to fish with multiple lines at the same time, which can increase your chances of catching more fish. This is especially useful if you are fishing in an area with a lot of different species of fish, as you can set different lines with different baits and lures to target different species.
- Larger fishing area coverage: Outriggers allow for a larger fishing area coverage which allows anglers to cover more water, increasing their chances of finding and catching fish. This can lead to more efficient and productive fishing trips, as well as access to a wider variety of fish species.
Overall, outriggers can be a useful addition to any fishing boat, as they provide stability, control, and increased fishing opportunities. However, it's important to use them safely and to follow all safety guidelines when using outriggers on your boat.
CONSTRUCTION OF OUTRIGGERS
Outriggers are typically made from either aluminum or fiberglass. Aluminum outriggers are made by welding together tubes or extrusions of aluminum alloy. The welds are then ground smooth and the outrigger is painted or anodized to protect against corrosion.
Fiberglass outriggers are made by laying up layers of fiberglass cloth over a mold or template. The cloth is impregnated with a resin, and the layers are stacked and cured in a process called "wet layup." Once the resin has cured, the outrigger is removed from the mold and finished with sanding and painting or gel coating.
Outriggers are designed to be lightweight and strong, and they are typically attached to the boat with bolts or screws. They are also designed to be easily deployed and retracted when needed.
There are a variety of accessories available for outriggers, depending on the specific needs of the boat and its intended use. Some common options include:
Outrigger bases: These provide a secure mounting point for the outriggers and are typically made of durable materials such as stainless steel or aluminum.
Outrigger holders: These keep the outriggers in place when they are not in use, allowing them to be easily stored or transported.
Outrigger flags: These are used to signal to other boats that the outriggers are in use, helping to prevent accidents or collisions.
Outrigger release clips: These allow the outriggers to be quickly and easily deployed or retracted as needed.
Outrigger line holders: These are used to hold the fishing lines when outriggers are being used for fishing.
Outrigger line guides: These help to keep the fishing lines organized and in place, improving the chances of catching fish.
Outrigger line tensioners: These are used to adjust the tension on the fishing lines, allowing the angler to fine-tune their setup for different conditions or species.
Outrigger line stoppers: These are used to hold the fishing lines in place, helping to prevent them from tangling or slipping off the outriggers.
Outrigger float covers: These protect the floats at the end of the outriggers from damage or UV exposure, helping to extend their lifespan.
Outrigger mounting brackets: These are used to attach the outriggers to the boat, and are available in a range of sizes and styles to fit different types of boats.