WHY WOULD I WANT A CASTING PLATFORM OR RAIL ON MY FISHING BOAT?
There are several reasons why you might want to consider using platforms and rails on your fishing boat:
- Safety: Platforms and rails provide a stable and secure place to stand while fishing, which can help reduce the risk of falls or accidents on the boat.
- Convenience: Most platforms and rails can be installed anywhere on your boat that there's space so it's convenient to exactly where you want to fish. While some may be designed to be moved around the boat at will, others might need to be anchored in a specific spot.
- Comfort: Standing on a platform or rail can be more comfortable than standing on the deck of the boat, especially if you're fishing for long periods of time.
- Improved access: Platforms and rails can provide improved access to the water and can make it easier to land and release fish.
- Better visibility: Platforms and rails can provide a better view of the water, which can be helpful when fishing in shallow waters and flats or trying to spot fish.
Overall, fishing platforms and rails can be a useful addition to any fishing boat, as they can help improve safety, convenience, and comfort while on the water.
WHAT MATERIALS ARE CASTING PLATFORMS AND FISHING RAILS MADE FROM?
Fishing platforms and rails are typically made from materials that are strong, durable, and resistant to corrosion, as they will be exposed to the elements and subjected to wear and tear. Common materials used in the construction of fishing platforms and rails include:
Aluminum: This lightweight and corrosion-resistant metal is a popular choice for fishing platforms and rails. It is strong and durable, making it well-suited for marine environments.
Stainless steel: This material is also resistant to corrosion and is known for its strength and durability. It is often used in the construction of larger fishing platforms and rails, as it can withstand more weight and wear and tear.
Fiberglass: This material is strong, lightweight, and corrosion-resistant, making it a popular choice for smaller fishing platforms and rails. It can also be molded into a variety of shapes and sizes.
Wood: Some fishing platforms and rails are made out of wood, such as teak or mahogany. While these materials can be attractive and provide a classic look, they may require more maintenance and may not be as durable as other materials in marine environments.
Overall, the material used in the construction of a fishing platform or rail will depend on the size and intended use of the boat, as well as the personal preferences of the owner.
CAN YOU USE PLATFORMS AND RAILS FOR STORAGE?
Yes, in some cases fishing platforms and rails can be used for storage. Fishing platforms are primarily used for fishing and visibility into the water, but they can also be used to store fishing gear, such as rods, reels, and tackle boxes. Leaning rails, grab bars, and casting platforms can typically be installed anywhere on a boat with enough space and can be used to store small items, such as life jackets, fenders, and other gear. It is important to ensure that any items stored on the fishing platform or rails are securely fastened and do not interfere with the operation of the boat. It is also a good idea to keep the storage area organized and free of clutter to help prevent accidents and make it easier to find items when needed.