Items 1-12 of 227
- Special Price $758.66 Regular Price $1,165.99
- Special Price $1,396.81 Regular Price $1,699.99
- Special Price $1,268.18 Regular Price $1,549.99
- Special Price $2,980.05 Regular Price $3,799.99
- Special Price $2,922.89 Regular Price $3,649.99
- Special Price $2,881.23 Regular Price $3,399.99
- Special Price $2,810.25 Regular Price $3,599.99
- Special Price $2,732.47 Regular Price $3,499.99
WHAT IS A TROLLING MOTOR?
A trolling motor is a small, electric motor used to provide quiet and efficient propulsion for boats, especially fishing boats or other leisure boats, typically used at slow speeds. Trolling motors are often mounted on the transom or bow of the boat and can be controlled by the boat operator using a foot or hand-held control. Trolling motors are designed for use in freshwater and saltwater and can be used for fishing, exploring, or just moving the boat around in calm waters.
WHY DO I NEED A TROLLING MOTOR?
A trolling motor provides an alternative to traditional gasoline-powered motors, allowing you to quietly and efficiently propel your boat without disturbing the fishing or your surroundings. It also provides additional control and maneuverability, especially in areas with limited access or low-speed requirements. In cases of primary engine failure, a trolling motor provides an excellent source of supplemental power. They also allow for quiet and stealthy operation, making them ideal for fishing or other quiet water activities.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF TROLLING MOTORS AND HOW DO I KNOW WHICH IS BEST FOR ME?
There are two main types of trolling motors:
- Transom-mounted trolling motors
- Bow-mounted trolling motors
The type of trolling motor that is best for you will depend on the type and size of your boat, as well as your specific boating needs. Transom-mounted trolling motors are typically more versatile and can be used on a variety of boat types, while bow-mounted trolling motors are ideal for bow fishing or for use on pontoon boats.
WHAT SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A TROLLING MOTOR?
When choosing a Trolling Motor, there are several factors to consider, including:
- Type (transom-mounted or bow-mounted)
- Power and thrust
- Compatibility with your boat
- Battery life and power management
- Speed control and adjustment options
- Price and budget
- Warranty and customer support offered by the manufacturer
HOW DO I USE A TROLLING MOTOR?
Using a trolling motor is relatively simple. Before using the trolling motor, check for security and mounting balance and be sure the battery is properly connected.Most trolling motors come with a control unit that allows you to adjust speed and direction. The motor is powered by a battery and can be controlled with a foot pedal, hand-held remote, or other control mechanism. To use the trolling motor, simply adjust the speed and direction as needed, and the motor will propel the boat.