Items 1-12 of 189
Edson Satin Finish Stainless Steel ComfortGrip 13" PowerWheel w/Knob & NutSpecial Price $624.12 Regular Price $736.94
Uflex UC95OBF-1 Hydraulic Cylinder 175HP or LessSpecial Price $450.99 Regular Price $630.44
Uflex UC128 Version 1 Hydraulic Cylinder - PortSpecial Price $617.95 Regular Price $871.32
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 18'Special Price $120.96 Regular Price $162.00
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 17'Special Price $140.64 Regular Price $162.00
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 16'Special Price $120.96 Regular Price $162.00
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 15'Special Price $120.96 Regular Price $162.00
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 14'Special Price $120.96 Regular Price $162.00
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 13'Special Price $120.96 Regular Price $162.00
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 12'Special Price $120.96 Regular Price $162.00
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 11'Special Price $120.96 Regular Price $162.00
Uflex M90 Mach Black Rotary Steering Cable - 10'Special Price $120.96 Regular Price $162.00
WHAT IS A BOAT STEERING SYSTEM?
A boat steering system is a device that allows the operator to control the direction of a boat and precisely manage the boat’s safety and stability. This essential system typically consists of a steering wheel, cables, and a rudder or outboard motor that directs the boat's movement.
WHY DO I NEED A BOAT STEERING SYSTEM?
A boat steering system is an essential component of any boat, providing the operator with control over the vessel's direction and ensuring safe navigation on the water. A good steering system should be easy to use, responsive, and reliable, allowing the operator to maneuver the boat with confidence in a variety of conditions. Without a steering system, a boat would be unable to change direction, making it difficult to navigate and potentially dangerous in certain conditions.
Here are some reasons why you need a boat steering system:
Safety: A boat steering system is essential for ensuring the safety of the boat and its passengers. It allows the boater to steer the boat away from danger and navigate safely through difficult waters.
Maneuverability: A boat steering system allows the boater to change the direction of the boat, making it easier to maneuver in tight spaces, dock the boat, or avoid obstacles.
Control: A boat steering system gives the boater greater control over the boat, allowing them to respond quickly to changing conditions and navigate with greater precision.
Compliance with regulations: Many countries have regulations that require boats to have a functioning steering system. Having a steering system is necessary to comply with these regulations and avoid penalties.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BOAT STEERING SYSTEMS?
There are several types of boat steering systems, including:
- Mechanical Steering Systems: Mechanical steering systems use cables and pulleys to transfer the movement of the steering wheel to the rudder. They are simple, reliable, and cost-effective but can be less responsive than hydraulic systems.
- Hydraulic Steering Systems: Hydraulic steering systems use fluid under pressure to transfer the movement of the steering wheel to the rudder. They are smoother and more responsive than mechanical systems but can be more complex and expensive.
- Power Steering Systems: Power steering systems use a hydraulic or electric motor to assist the boater in turning the steering wheel. This type of system is ideal for larger boats or boats with heavy loads, as it reduces the effort required to steer the boat.
- Tiller Steering Systems: Tiller steering systems use a tiller arm instead of a steering wheel to control the direction of the boat. This type of system is commonly found on smaller boats, such as sailboats, and is simple, lightweight, and cost-effective.
WHICH TYPE OF STEERING SYSTEM IS BEST FOR MY BOAT?
The type of boat steering system that is best for you will depend on several factors, including the size and type of your boat, your boating needs, and your budget. Mechanical steering systems are a popular choice for smaller boats, while hydraulic steering systems are better suited to larger boats with more powerful engines. Power steering systems provide smooth and effortless control, but can be more expensive. Tiller steering systems are a budget-friendly option for small boats, but require more physical effort from the operator.
WHAT SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A BOAT STEERING SYSTEM?
Since the boat’s steering system is such an important component, it’s not a decision that should be made lightly or without careful research. When choosing a boat steering system, there are several factors to consider, including:
- Type (mechanical, hydraulic, power, or tiller)
- Compatibility with your boat and engine
- Ease of installation and maintenance
- Price and budget
- Warranty and customer support offered by the manufacturer.