- Special Price $62.04 Regular Price $82.99
- Special Price $64.10 Regular Price $79.99
- Special Price $52.70 Regular Price $66.99
- Special Price $62.13 Regular Price $76.99Out of stock
WHAT TYPES OF BEARINGS DO BOAT TRAILERS USE?
Boat trailer bearings and hubs are an essential component of a boat trailer's wheel system. They enable the wheel to turn smoothly and support the weight of the boat and trailer while in transit.
Boat trailers use tapered roller bearings, which are specifically designed to handle the weight and stress of a boat and trailer in motion. Tapered roller bearings are more durable and can handle greater weight loads than other types of bearings.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD BOAT TRAILER BEARINGS BE INSPECTED?
Boat trailer bearings should be inspected at least once a year, or every 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. Additionally, you should inspect them before and after long trips or before and after storing your boat for a season.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS THAT YOUR BOAT TRAILER BEARINGS NEED TO BE REPLACED?
Signs that your boat trailer bearings need to be replaced include:
- Unusual noises coming from the wheel or bearing
- Wheel play or looseness
- Uneven tire wear
- Heat coming from the wheel or bearing
- Wheel wobbling or vibration while driving
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I REPLACE MY BOAT TRAILER HUBS?
Boat trailer hubs should be replaced when they show signs of wear or damage, or when you replace the bearings. Signs that your boat trailer hubs need to be replaced include:
- Cracks or other damage to the hub
- Rust or corrosion on the hub
- Excessive wear or damage to the hub seal
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH TYPE OF BEARING OR HUB TO USE FOR MY BOAT TRAILER?
The best way to know which type of bearing or hub to use for your boat trailer is to consult your boat trailer manufacturer's specifications or the owner's manual. Additionally, you can consult a professional.