Items 1-12 of 64
- Special Price $50.15 Regular Price $71.50
- Special Price $34.92 Regular Price $44.40
- Special Price $31.17 Regular Price $37.70
- Special Price $14.27 Regular Price $17.99
- Special Price $32.07 Regular Price $42.00
WHAT ARE BOAT HINGES?
Boat hinges are a type of hardware that is used to attach two surfaces or objects on a boat that need to pivot or swing, such as doors, hatches, and covers. Boat hinges come in a variety of sizes, styles, and materials, and are designed to withstand the harsh marine environment.
WHAT TYPES OF BOAT HINGES ARE AVAILABLE?
There are several types of boat hinges available, including butt hinges, piano hinges, strap hinges, and specialty hinges.
- Butt hinges are the most common type of hinge and are used for attaching doors, hatches, and covers.
- Piano hinges are long, continuous hinges that are often used for larger doors or hatches.
- Strap hinges are typically used for heavy-duty applications, such as engine room doors or anchor lockers.
- Specialty hinges, such as offset hinges or lift-off hinges, are designed for specific applications and may be used in conjunction with other types of hinges.
WHAT FACTORS SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING BOAT HINGES?
When selecting boat hinges, there are several factors to consider. Firstly, you should consider the size and weight of the object or surface that you will be attaching, as well as the amount of stress that will be placed on the hinge. Additionally, you should consider the type of material and finish that is appropriate for your application, as well as any aesthetic preferences that you may have. Finally, you should consider any additional features that may be important to you, such as self-closing or adjustable hinges.
WHAT MATERIALS ARE BOAT HINGES MADE FROM?
Boat hinges can be made from a variety of materials, including stainless steel, brass, aluminum, and plastic. Stainless steel is the most common material for boat hinges, as it is highly durable and resistant to corrosion. Brass hinges are also popular for their aesthetic appeal, but may require more maintenance than stainless steel hinges. Aluminum and plastic hinges are lightweight and may be suitable for smaller applications.
HOW DO I MAINTAIN BOAT HINGES?
To ensure that your boat hinges remain in good condition and function properly, it is important to perform regular maintenance. This may involve cleaning the hinges with a mild detergent and water to remove salt and dirt, as well as lubricating any moving parts with a marine-grade lubricant. It is also important to inspect the hinges regularly for signs of wear or damage, and to replace any hinges that are no longer functioning properly.