Items 1-12 of 205
- Special Price $71.90 Regular Price $91.99
- Special Price $78.40 Regular Price $91.99
- Special Price $28.81 Regular Price $31.45
- Special Price $57.56 Regular Price $89.85
- Special Price $58.82 Regular Price $92.99
- Special Price $93.12 Regular Price $146.99
- Special Price $54.99 Regular Price $82.99
- Special Price $13.15 Regular Price $13.99
- Special Price $27.77 Regular Price $29.75
- Special Price $63.46 Regular Price $101.00
WHAT ARE BOAT LATCHES?
Boat latches are a type of hardware that is used to securely fasten doors, hatches, and other panels on a boat. They come in a variety of styles and materials and are designed to withstand the harsh marine environment.
WHAT TYPES OF BOAT LATCHES ARE AVAILABLE?
There are several types of boat latches available, including compression latches, rotary latches, slam latches, and magnetic latches.
- Compression latches are commonly used for hatches and doors and use a cam action to compress and secure the panel.
- Rotary latches are typically used for cabinetry and smaller doors and use a rotary action to secure the panel.
- Slam latches are designed to latch automatically when the panel is slammed shut, and are often used for access panels or lockers.
- Magnetic latches use magnetic force to hold panels in place and are commonly used for cabinet doors.
WHAT FACTORS SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING BOAT LATCHES?
When selecting boat latches, there are several factors to consider. Firstly, you should consider the size and weight of the panel that you will be securing, as well as the amount of stress that will be placed on the latch. Additionally, you should consider the type of material and finish that is appropriate for your application, as well as any aesthetic preferences that you may have. Finally, you should consider any additional features that may be important to you, such as locking or non-locking latches, or latches with an adjustable grip.
WHAT MATERIALS ARE BOAT LATCHES MADE FROM?
Boat latches can be made from a variety of materials, including stainless steel, brass, aluminum, and plastic. Stainless steel is the most common material for boat latches, as it is highly durable and resistant to corrosion. Brass latches are also popular for their aesthetic appeal, but may require more maintenance than stainless steel latches. Aluminum and plastic latches are lightweight and may be suitable for smaller applications.
HOW DO I MAINTAIN MY BOAT LATCHES?
To ensure that your boat latches remain in good condition and function properly, it is important to perform regular maintenance. This may involve cleaning the latches with a mild detergent and water to remove salt and dirt, as well as lubricating any moving parts with a marine-grade lubricant. It is also important to inspect the latches regularly for signs of wear or damage, and to replace any latches that are no longer functioning properly.