Items 1-12 of 147
- Special Price $72.99 Regular Price $86.99
- Special Price $56.99 Regular Price $64.99
- Special Price $83.59 Regular Price $87.99
- Special Price $57.31 Regular Price $65.99
- Special Price $44.99 Regular Price $54.99
- Special Price $312.87 Regular Price $482.95
WHAT ARE BOAT FENDERS?
Boat fenders are inflatable or foam-filled devices that are designed to protect a boat's hull from damage when it is docked or moored. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are typically made from materials like vinyl, rubber, or polyurethane.
WHY ARE BOAT FENDERS IMPORTANT?
Boat fenders are an essential component of safe boating. They provide a cushion between the boat's hull and the dock, other boats, or other objects in the water, which helps prevent scratches, dents, or other damage to the boat's surface. By protecting the boat's hull, fenders can also help extend the life of the vessel and maintain its value.
WHAT TYPES OF BOAT FENDERS ARE AVAILABLE?
There are several different types of boat fenders available, including:
- Round fenders: These are the most common type of boat fender. They have a cylindrical shape and come in a variety of sizes.
- Center hole fenders: These are similar to round fenders but have a hole in the center, which makes them easier to hang from a boat's cleats.
- Low-profile fenders: These are designed to be flatter than round fenders, which can make them easier to store on a boat.
- Bow fenders: These are specifically designed to protect a boat's bow from damage.
- Transom fenders: These are designed to protect a boat's transom, which is the flat back end of the boat.
When choosing boat fenders, it's important to consider factors like the size and weight of your boat, the type of dock or pier you'll be tying up to, and your personal preferences for appearance and ease of use. You'll also want to choose fenders that are made from durable materials and that can withstand the corrosive effects of saltwater.
HOW DO YOU CARE FOR BOAT FENDERS?
To keep your boat fenders in good condition, it's important to rinse them with fresh water after each use to remove any salt or debris that may have accumulated. You may also want to apply a protective coating of wax or oil to prevent damage from the sun's UV rays. Additionally, it's important to periodically inspect your fenders for signs of damage or wear and to replace them as needed.
HOW MANY BOAT FENDERS DO I NEED?
The number of boat fenders you need will depend on the size and weight of your boat, as well as the conditions in which you'll be boating. In general, it's a good idea to have at least one fender for every 10 feet of boat length. However, you may need more if you'll be mooring in rough water or in areas with a lot of boat traffic.
CAN BOAT FENDERS BE USED FOR OTHER PURPOSES?
Boat fenders are designed specifically for use in boating, but they can also be used for other purposes. For example, they can be used to protect other types of vehicles, like RVs or motorcycles, or to cushion equipment during transport.